Monday, March 2, 2009

Prizes!

After a long haul through January, February, and March of group classes, Libby Gardner Hall performance, Graduation, rehearsals with piano accompaniment, solo recital, and Federation, not only do we all need something a little light hearted and fun, but nearly everyone needs to be doing MORE READING! So, here is the game that will combine the need for both:

From the time after federation until the end of April, there will be a prize box. For book 1, every 10 points earned, students may choose an item from the prize box. for book 3 and up, every 15 points. Here are the activities that will earn you a point:
* One piece played confidently with accompaniment from any Rick Mooney book (Position Pieces I and II, Thumb I and II, Double Stops for cello)
* Every position of "Weaving" with confidence.
* Every page of written work in Position Pieces
* 5 lessons of I Can Read Music Book 1
* 2 pages of I Can Read Music Book 2
* A new scale
* Every purple star piece (saying the names of the notes while you play)

AND GUESS WHAT!
Parents also have a chance to clean out the bottoms of toy chests and drawers if they would like to donate items to the prize box. Small things will do. Students range in age from 5 to 18, with the bulk being teenagers. Or small cash donation would also be appreciated.

Thanks! Study hard and have fun!

No comments: