
Yes, even though this is the month of rehearsing, solo recital and federation, and we just barely finished graduation, it is time to sign up for Celebration. This is an event held only once every three years, and is a concert of all instruments in the Suzuki method in the state of Utah. It is held in the LDS conference center, and will be next October. Last time there were 3,000 participants.
The cello repertoire is of course delicious, as we are doing a jazzed up May Song (book 1 May Song for earlier students), a Bach Corale, Chanson d'Alsace, and Xanny Boy. For you in my studio these are oldies, but goodies, and now we get to share them with the rest of the Utah Suzuki cello family.
It is a remarkable event, and of course takes funds to pull off. The cost is $35 PER FAMILY, so if you are paying a violin teacher, you don't need to pay me. Just tell me the name of the teacher you are paying. I need to have the forms and money in by the end of March, so I will be talking and collecting over the next few weeks.I will have the sign up sheets in my studio at lessons for the next weeks, and will be handing out music sometime later in the spring. It is quite an event, and I highly recommend joining in!
Here is a link to the latest SAU newsletter with info:
SAU
No comments:
Post a Comment