Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fall Lesson Calendar, Policy, and Rates

Welcome to my cello studio blog. I hope this is both an easier and more informative way for me to communicate with this community, and with each other. I will make it a private blog so that we can feel free to publish names, phone numbers, and pictures of students, and we all feel secure that we are the only ones viewing this information, and can do it here in a place that is easy to refer to, instead of relying on emails which tend to often get stuck in the bottoms of inboxes, and forgotten after a few weeks or months.

So, this is not the optimal calendar format for scheduling, but here anyway is the list of dates that I
will and will not be teaching this fall:

August 25 - 29: No lessons. Happy start of school!!
September 1: Labor Day. No lessons
September 2 - 5: Lessons
September 8 - 12: Lessons
September 15 - 19: Lessons
September 22 - 26: Lessons
September 29 - October 2: Lessons
*Friday, October 3 : No Lessons
October 6 - October 10: Lessons
October 13 - October 14: Lessons
Wednesday, October 13 - Friday October 17: No Lessons
October 20 - October 24: Lessons
October 27 - October 30: Lessons
*Friday, October 31: No Lessons
November 3 - November 7: Lessons
November 10 - November 14: Lessons
November 17 - November 21: Lessons
November 24 - November 28: No Lessons
December 1 - December 5: Lessons
December 8 - December 12: Lessons
December 15 - December 19: Lessons
December 22 - January 2: No Lessons


Lesson Policy for School Year (slight word change from previous policy) :
You pay a monthly fee which covers three private lessons per month, one group class per month, group recitals, private recitals, and occasional other activities. I have a no make up policy, but do give everyone one extra lesson per semester. Semesters run Sept - Dec, and Jan - May. I will also publish a list of student's names, their times, and phone numbers, in case you know of a conflict and need to trade with another student.

*One note to Friday students: Since I am gone one Friday in October, and Halloween falls on a Friday this year, it means that Friday lesson people only get 12 lessons in the semester instead of 13. The only way that I have thought to remedy the situation is to give you the extra lesson in the spring semester (along with the other extra lesson in the spring semester that you will already receive for that semester.) Let me know if you have questions or qualms about that.

Rates:
1/2 hour lesson: $85 per month
3/4 hour lesson: $115 per month
1 hour lesson: $ 135 per month


I will post group times as soon as I have them, but here are the dates I have so far:
September 6: group play-in with the Cheney Studio. 3:00 - 4:00. Place TBA
October 10: Quaker Meeting house. Sometime after 5:00
November 21: Quaker Meeting house. Sometime after 5:00
December 5: Quaker Meeting house. Sometime after 5:00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Margaret, this looks great. Thank you for all the effort you put in to creating such a user friendly site as well as providing such a wonderful learning enviroment for our kids! The Cello camp was terrific.
Thanks for everything,

Nancy Toone