I typed in "cello rehearsal" to google images and found some wonderful pictures of Mistlav Rostropovich (one of the most important cellists of 20th century) rehearsing and passionately explaining his ideas to orchestras. I couldn't look away, and also couldn't exactly use those images since they were under copyright, but found this equally compelling shot. Here he is in front of the Berlin wall in 1989 after it is declared to be knocked down. Quite a moment. On with our schedule:
On a previous post I stated some group class times in December. Ignore those ( I will go back and change the post). Here is the new info:
Rehearsal #1: Thursday November 18 LDS ward-house above the zoo. Start time of 5:40 for early book 1 or under 8, 6:00 for everyone else. Book 1 will be done by 6:30, and I can't say for sure a finish time for other levels, except to say we will be completely done by 7:45. Book 2 + BRING A STAND PLEASE.
Rehearsal #2: Thursday December 2. Ditto all above information.
Dress Rehearsal: Thursday December 9. 5:45 for everyone. We will run the whole concert 2x. Book 1 and under age 8 kids will stay for the first run through and then can go (45 min - an hour). Everyone else age 8+ or book 2 + I need to stay for one more run through. Does someone want to volunteer to bring or organize a snack for a break between the two run throughs?
Concert: Saturday December 11 U of U music building room 270. Book 4+ be there at 3:00, everyone else at 3:30, concert starts at 4:00. Bring family and friends! It is an exciting event.
No comments:
Post a Comment