So, I rarely use this blog this way, but I make an exception for these guys. This is Fictionist. They are a band based out of Provo, and have made it to the last round of a competition to be on the cover of Rolling Stone, get a recording contract, and be featured at Bonaroo, a major music festival.
I like them lots and lots not only because their music is great, but because I watched the lead singer Stuart (front, with glasses) grow up as a young violinist, and then learned from him as we taught some Jazz for Strings workshops together. He is an amazing musician whether on violin, guitar, mandolin, or voice. His younger brother is Collin Maxfield, an excellent cellist in my studio, who played the plucky celtic piece on the 6:00 solo recital last week that we all loved.
Any way, one part of the contest is just getting rated 5 stars on the internet. Here is a link to their site where you can rate them, and also (as a thank you) download four of their songs for free.
Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment